Skip to main content

4 Traits of Highly-Engaging Social Media Posts


Digital media consumption is at an all-time high. Millenials no longer rely on traditional and mainstream media producers for the latest news and information. Social media is literally revolutionizing the way people do research and engage with the world. When consumers are formulating opinions about a brand, they rely on peer-to-peer reviews more than high-budget advertising. And they can go directly to social media to get a feel for a brand's true colors before investing in its products or services.
With so much information competing for attention on social media, how can you develop a keen strategy for reaching consumers with relevant content? Here are 4 tips:
  1. Be succinct. You have exactly 2 seconds to engage your audience. Make your point and make it fast. Save the fine print and flowery details for later.
  2. Use imagery. Social media posts with photos capture more engagement than posts without pictures. Your photos should be relevant to your content, and preferably include people. Although buildings and nature scenes may be pretty, pictures of people interacting will invite higher click-through-rates.
  3. Keep it relevant. Who is your audience? What do they want to know? Keep your content focused on the interests of your readers. You bring value to your audience by meeting their needs for information and insight, specifically about your area of expertise.
  4. Stay positive. Few people are interested in reading about your terrible customer experience with Chinese take-out last night. Opt for inspiration rather than degradation. Savvy social media influencers will consistently produce contagiously bright and encouraging posts.
Above all, be yourself. Don't be afraid to post content with a genuine, down-to-earth feel. Social media is personal, and consumers have become accustomed to interacting with brands through social channels. People want to know that brands care, and that there are real people interacting with them. The human element is what makes it - well - social.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I was a perfectionist. Then I had kids.

Life is messy. Sticky. Goopy. Some days, I feel I could run a cleaning business. Based on the number of hours spent washing, changing, tidying, scrubbing, folding, and wiping, I often feel that parenting is just one giant exercise in cleaning up. Before I had kids, my house was fairly clean. My car smelled fairly nice. My schedule was fairly organized. My life was – for the most part – under control. And control was the key. Control allowed me to manage my responsibilities. Control gave me the power to change my circumstances. I liked control. Actually, I loved control. As an ENTJ (the Meyers-Briggs personality assessment is spot on for me), it felt fulfilling to have a sense of control in my life. That’s why parenting was such a major adjustment. I suddenly lost control of so many variables – my time, my space, and even my feelings (Okay, why do Subaru commercials have to be so emotional? I think I cried at every single one of them when I was pregnant). In the early years of parent

First World Problems

Matthew 6:25-27, 31-34   “Therefore I tell you, do not worry   about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?   Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.   Are you not much more valuable than they?   Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life ? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’   For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.   But seek first his kingdom   and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.   Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Last week I was driving to work, sitting in traffic on US 29, when a lady going 50-60 mph slammed into the back of my car, effe